MARR Rugby's head coach Craig Redpath has got the opportunity to bow out in style when he leaves the club next month.

The man in charge of the team for 14 years has confirmed he will be stepping down at the end of this current season.

During his time with the club, Marr Rugby has climbed from West Division One to the pinnacle of Scottish club rugby, winning the Tennent's Premiership - for the first time in their history.

Doubling as the club's director of rugby, Craig has been involved in all aspects of the club, from minis through to the senior squads, and he leaves with each section being in an extremely healthy position.

And he has now given himself a chance of the perfect swansong, as his final match in charge is set to be the Scottish Cup final.

The Troon side earned their spot in the showpiece match at Murrayfield after an outstanding win against rivals Ayr RFC in the semi-final this weekend.

Though it was far from an easy win, despite Marr's standing a league above their opponents, when the sides faced off at Ayr's Millbrae.

The scoreline ended 25-10 in the away side's favour - though the journey there was not so straightforward.

There were no scores in the first 15 minutes though following a scuffle between both sides Jamie Bova of Ayr and Ben Johnstone of Marr both received early yellows.

Colin Sturgeon slotted a penalty or Marr to give them the lead after 20 minutes, though there was little more first half action until the final few minutes.

On his return from the sin bin, Ben Johnstone ilegally stopped a quick tap, and as a result received his second yellow, reducing Marr to 14 men.

Ayr would kick for the corner, and Rohan Pottie scored from the resultant line out mnade the score 5-3 to Ayr at half time.

But Marr came out fighting in the second 40. An early penalty and try from Colin Sturgeon put Marr over a converted try ahead.

And a pair of scores from Andrew Acton and Jake Jacobsen saw the Troon team stretch their advatnage even further - to 25-5.

Ayr still tried to make a go of it - scoring on 70 minutes through Stuart Collier to make for an intereting final 10 minutes.

Though Marr withstood the pressure from the home side to set a showdown with Tennents Premiership champions Hawick for the Scottish Cup trophy at Murrayfield on May 6.