Ladbrokes Championship

DEFENDER Aaron Muirhead missed a penalty-kick as Ayr were held at home for the second time in five days by a team from Tayside.
They had drawn 0-0 at home to their opponents’ city rivals Dundee United on Tuesday and once again failed to hit the back of the net at Somerset.
However not much was lost as other results meant this point kept them in contention for the playoffs.
In three minutes a cross into the box by Cammy Kerr was smothered by home goalie Ross Doohan.
Then three minutes later, a Graham Dorrans cross  was cleared by an Ayr defender.
Aaron Drinan made a superb run down the left and swung in a cross aimed at Alan Forrest at the back post but the ball just evaded the number 10’s outstretched leg.
The alert Doohan confidently saved a 25-yard Dorrans rocket in nine minutes.
A Danny Harvie lob from 25 yards was well saved by Conor Hazard in 19 minutes.
Ayr had a great chance in 23 minutes when Harvie swung in a precision cross to Michael Moffat, whose header from 12 yards was well saved by Hazard.
Dundee were unlucky in 31 minutes when a Jordan McGhee shot went across the face of goal and was cleared by an Ayr defender.
Another opportunity went abegging for Ayr in 33 minutes when a Jordan Houston effort from 25 yards was well saved by the Dundee goalie.
Kyle Hemmings saw his 25-yard shot well saved by Doohan in 54 minutes.
United had the ball in the net in 57 minutes when Houston set up Moffat to drill the ball home from six yards. But the “goal” was chalked off for offside.
Ayr were awarded a penalty-kick on the hour when Michael Moffat was tripped by Cammy Kerr inside the box. However Aaron Muirhead saw his spot-kick brilliantly saved by Hazard.
Home player Jordan Houston was booked for a rash challenge on former Ayr man Declan McDaid In 67 minutes. Three minutes later a Jordan Foster header from. Josh Meekings free-kick was skilfully saved by Doohan.
A Conner Malley cross into the box in 73 minutes came off the body of Meekings.
United were denied again in 80 minutes when a thunderous shot from 25 yards by Stephen Kelly was superbly saved by Hazard.
Dundee spurned a good chance in 86 minutes when a Hemmings thunderbolt from 29 yards trickled inches wide.
Muirhead sent a cross across the face of goal a minute into injury-time.
AYR UNITED: Doohan; Houston, Roscoe-Byrne, Bell, Harvie, Muirhead, Malley (Gillespie 77) Kelly, Moffat (McCowan 87) Drinan, Forrest (Tiffoney 53). Subs not used: Kerr, Hare-Reid, Docherty, Murphy.
DUNDEE: Hazard, Meekings, Forster, Berra, Kerr (Elliott 62) Byrne, McGhee (Nelson 45) Dorrans, McDaid (Field 75) McGowan, Hemmings. Subs not used: Hamilton, Crankshaw, Robertson, Cameron.
Referee: Steven McLean.
Attendance: 1,758