McBookie League Two



THE game was only a minute old when the Bankies took the lead as Jack Taylor picked out Euan Smith with a lovely pass and the winger shot across the keeper into the bottom corner.

In 12 minutes Ashfield were back in it as Ciaran Friel finished a cross from the left acrobatically

Visiting goalie Danny Gray made a good save after the Ashfield striker had latched onto his poor kick out. Tommy Sloan headed over the bar from a deep free-kick before Ashfield took the lead in 22 minutes. A corner in was met by a head which Gray saved however the rebound fell to Friel who slammed home. In 24 minutes it was 3-0 as Ashfield really turned the screw, a header through to the striker(who mas more than a hint off side) saw him square the ball for Parker who finished comfortably past Gray. Jordan Ryan make a good move down the left beating two men however the Ashfield keeper was alert to stop the danger.

In 43 minutes it was 4-1 when an Ashfield player went to ground in the box, which no one protested for, and the referee pointed to the spot and that man Friel stepped up to complete his hat-trick.

The second half almost started brightly for Ashfield as their number four t on the end of a Gray push but put his effort over. On 47 minutes it was 5, some shambolic defending eventually saw the ball cleared for a corner and this was swung in for Friel who headed past Gray. At the other end, Ryan McCrone saw his half volley cleared off the line. Alan Orr made a great last ditch challenge as the Bankies looked to limit the damage in the second half. On 59 minutes the Bankies made their way back into the game as Lee McClymont spun his man to get on the end of a cross and finish into the bottom corner. Ashfield attacked again and put another couple of chances over the bar as they looked to really kill the game off.

Ashfield scored again in 72 minutes as Hearton finished low into the corner past Gray, Jack Taylor put an effort over the bar for the bankies up the other end. After 82 minutes Cullen headed past Gray as he strolled through unmarked and then three minutes later it was 8-2 as the Bankies made it oh so easy for Friel to score his fifth.

ANNBANK UNITED: Gray; Sloan, McCrone, Dunlop, Orr, Taylor, McLelland, Smith, Todd, Ryan, McClymont.