MILESTONE man Lawrence Shankland was hailed by Ayr United manager Ian McCall as he hit his 50th goal in 50 Ayr United starts to help the Honest Men soar back into top spot.
McCall said: "Fifty goals in 50 starts in 15 months, no other striker in Britain has done that, it's incredible."
He was impressed with the display and said: "The atmosphere was unbelievably flat in the first half but in the second half Lawrence scored and in the second half the Somerset Road end really found and their voice and it really helped. It was a really good crowd for a Tuesday night.
However the boss played down the fact United had returned to pole position and added: "I'm only saying it's good to be top because we are 15 points away from 40, we've had a great start to the season but that's all it is. I'm proud of our defensive record.

"We had a poor result against Queen of the South when we lost poor goals but other than that we our defensive record is up there with the best in the league.
Ayr came out strongly and an Alan Forrest shot from 12 yards was tipped away by visiting goalie Neil Parry in the opening minute.
Michael Rose sent a heater from 16 yards narrowly wide of target just three minutes later and a stinging effort from 12 yards by Michael Moffat was well handled by Parry in five minutes as Ayr kept up the pressure.
Moffat’s effort from 20 yards was well saved in eight minutes.
Forrest saw his shot from 12 yards well saved by the visiting goalie in 15 minutes.
Lawrence Shankland chested the ball down at the edge of the box in 18 minutes but saw his shot well saved.
United came so agonisingly close in 24 minutes when a rasping 12-yard drive from Declan McDaid was fumbled but recovered by Parry. Then a stinging 16-yard rocket from Shankland was well saved by Parry three minutes later.
It was total dominance from the hosts. A curling cross from 25 yards by Michael Rose was well fielded by Parry in 33 minutes.
Shankland saw his shot from just outside the box blocked by a defender in 34 minutes.
Three minutes after the break Ayr deservedly went ahead when a Steven Bell header was saved by Parry but Shankland bludgeoned home the rebound from eight yards.
Then in 53 minutes Liam Smith shot narrowly wide from 16 yards.
Home goalie Ross Doohan saw his first action on the hour when he rushed out to save at the feet of Jake Hastie.
A Craig Moore shot from outside the box was blocked by a defender in 69 minutes.
Dario Zanatta shot across the face of goal three minutes later as Alloa tried to fashion a way back into the match.
In 81 minutes it was game over when a Shankland effort hit the bar and Forrest drilled home the rebound.
Five minutes from time Shankland swung a precision pass to Robbie Crawford who shot over the top from six yards when scoring looked easier.
United soared into a 3-0 lead a minute into injury-time when a rasping shot from Moore was saved but Shankland bundled home the rebound from six yards.
AYR UNITED: Doohan; Harvie, Rose, Geggan (Moore 59) Moffat (Crawford 59) Forrest, McDaid, Bell, Shankland, Murdoch, Smith. Subs: Hare-Reid, Crawford, Moore, McGuffie, Ferguson, Adams, Docherty.
STARMAN: Alan Forrest 3
Lawrence Shankland 2
Michael Moffat 1.