ON a flawless weekend of action for Ayr’s senior teams, the 1st XV, 2nd XV and ladies all enjoyed victories.

The headliner of the weekend's action took place at Meggetland, where Ayr 1st XV fended off Boroughmuir to win 17-26.

It didn't take long for Ayr to take control. From the kick-off Frazier Climo's monstrous return punt rolled out on the five metre line and Boroughmuir found themselves already under the cosh. A poor exit let Ayr run back down the home sides' throat and get a try just three minutes into the fixture. Beautiful inter-play from Anderson and Rowe had them breaking up the touchline before Stafford McDowall was on hand to finish the move. Climo's conversion made it 0-7.

The early score didn't rattle Boroughmuir, who wasted no time to return the favour. Less than 60 seconds from the restart skipper Jonny Matthews was able to bundle over from a rolling maul- the product of a beautifully worked line-out move. The conversion slipped wide.

Ayr added to their lead in 17 minutes. Climo produced a scintillating looping pass over multiple Boroughmuir defenders who had shot off their line. The ball landed once again in the hands of McDowall but the centre still had plenty to do and made short work of the slack defence trying to pull him down. The conversion was good.

Try number three for Ayr came fittingly in 33 minutes. After multiple bruising carries from a doggish Ayr pack, Grant Anderson took advantage of defenders sucked into the ruck, and cantered in unmarked. The touchline conversion was expertly taken by Climo.

Just before half-time Ayr secured the bonus. Climo ventured alone and managed to power through the contact and score. He converted his own try.

Boroughmuir clawed a score back minutes into proceedings. Winger Jordan Edmunds, who's pace complimented the breakneck speed the game was being played at, managed to break free from his tackler and score..

Ayr's power at scrum-time was slowly turning into a choke hold and punishing Boroughmuir. After multiple infringements and re-sets Ayr decided to play the ball and shipped wide to the powerful Robbie Nairn, who was being stopped by no man. The conversion was pushed just wide.

The next score came courtesy of the skipper, Blair Macpherson, whose form so has been red-hot, as he bagged his sixth try in as many games with 20 minutes left.

The final score came from the hosts and provided marginal consolation. Once again Jonny Matthews benefited from the rolling maul and the conversion with seven minutes left concluded the scoring.

The 2nd XV game was a nail-bitter. After 79 minutes, Boroughmuir looked set to steal victory in the final play of the game before a scrum turnover unleashed Ayr down the park. Fast forward 15-plus phases and Ayr scored deep into stoppage time to seal a 27-22 victory.

On Sunday Ayr Ladies made it three-from-three with a 26-12 win over Gairoch. Scores came from Robynn Gibson (2), Catherine Clark and Jo Jones.