AN AYR girl was attacked by her own mum before later reporting her to social services.

The woman appeared at Ayr Sheriff Court for sentencing last week after pleading guilty to a series of offences – including hurling verbal abuse at a taxi driver as well as assaulting her daughter.

The woman, who can’t be named to protect the identity of her daughter, carried out the assault on March 31, 2021.

She also admitted kicking out at police on September 21 last year and then calling the taxi driver an ‘Irish b*****d’ while brandishing a bottle in the town’s Orangefield Drive.

The procurator fiscal depute told last week’s hearing: “In relation to charge one [the assault], the witness was at home in her bedroom. She was told to get ready for her brother’s football training.

“She advised that she didn’t want to. [The accused] then went into [her daughter’s] bedroom and pulled her while on her bed.

“[The complainer] then got ready. She later contacted social workers.

“The accused was later arrested and interviewed under caution and accepted ‘aye I did’.”

The September 21 incident saw the woman thrash out at cops while they were trying to arrest her, kicking out at them with her legs; she was later taken to Kilmarnock police station before being released on an undertaking to appear in court.

Turning to the incident with the taxi driver, the fiscal said the woman had become irate during a taxi journey and had called him an ‘Irish b*****d’ before banging a bottle of wine.

Defence solicitor James McKay told the court: “She is currently temporarily homeless but has been offered a house in Kincaidston.

“She has four children from a previous relationship. She is in regular contact and in a good relationship with her ex-partner.

“She was disgusted at her own behaviour.

“She does have mental health issues after a difficult traumatic childhood. Her life is now on an upward thread.”

Sheriff Christian Marney praised the woman for taking “positive steps” to deal with her issues, which were set out in a background social work report.

The woman was placed on a community payback order with 12 months of social work supervision. A review will take place later this year.