A KILLER jailed for life after murdering her sister has now been cleared of historic child sexual abuse claims against two girls in Ayr and Troon.

Lynette Greenop, 44, was acquitted this week after facing charges of lewd, indecent, libidinous behaviour and sexual assault allegations towards the complainers – who were at the time aged between 13 and 15.

Greenop was previously jailed for life for murder – after her sister Sharon was found dead in the home they shared back in 2016 - and told she must serve a minimum of 23 years in jail.

Crown Prosecutors later alleged that killer Greenop, now a prisoner at HMP Greenock, repeatedly touched one girl’s breasts, buttocks and genitals both over and under her clothing between November 2009 and 2010.

She faced a second charge on the indictment of sexually assaulting – or alternatively engaging in sexual activities with – the girl between December 2010 and November 2012.

It was alleged that she sexually assaulted a second girl, also aged between 13 and 15, by repeatedly touching the girl’s breasts, buttocks and genitals over and under her clothing on various occasions and telling her to strip naked between April and December 2012.

Two other allegations of Greenop committing a sex act in front of one of the complainers and of sexual assault were dropped by the Crown ahead of the trial.

She denied all the charges at Ayr Sheriff Court as the trial, heard by Sheriff Shirley Foran, began this week [Monday November 28].

The jury returned a verdict at 3.25pm on Wednesday [November 30] with the first charge found not proven by majority.

On charge two they found the accused not guilty by majority, and not guilty to the third charge by unanimous verdict.

Greenop was acquitted of the allegations and returned to custody.

Sharon’s body was found in her bed on November 10, 2016. The High Court in Glasgow heard she may have been lain there for several weeks before her body was discovered by police.

Lynette Greenop was also found guilty of assaulting her sister by striking her on the head and body on various occasions between November 11, 2009 and September 8, 2016.