Troon manager Jimmy Kirkwood says he expects better performances from his side as they lost 1-0 to Clydebank at the weekend.

The only goal of the game came late in the first half, Bankies Joe Slattery heading in a cross from the left , as the hosts picked up their third loss of the season.

Speaking to the Advertiser, Kirkwood said: “I think a point would have been fair enough, but we definitely did not deserve any more than that.

“Too many times there is maybe 60 per cent of the team going at the right level and the other 40 per cent are trying to catch up and are not doing what they should be. That is where we get frustrated because if everyone plays at 70 per cent, the whole thing clicks, and we are fine.

“We are really disappointed, not in the result but in the performance.”

Despite the recent result there has been some positive news off the park as the club announced the return of Graham Wilson last week.

The 32-year-old forward arrives in from Auchinleck Talbot, having previously played for the Seasiders at the start of his career joining from Bonnyton Thistle.

Kirkwood is delighted to have him back at the club for the experience he will bring on and off the field.

He told the Advertiser: “He won everything you can at this level with Talbot, so he comes back to us now to bring a lot of experience to the squad.

“In results like the weekend, the disappointment he shows is immense because he has such a strong winning mentality.

“As much as the influence he can on the park, he will have a big impact off the park as well, so we are really excited to have him back.”

Troon are back in action midweek as they take on Cumbernauld United in league action back at Portland Park again.

Kirkwood says even though his side has played a lot of the favoured top teams so far this season, he is not now expecting an easy run of games.

“There is no doubt we have played the favoured teams at the top of the table so far but there are no easy games in this division.”