TWO MEN have been taken to hospital after they were exposed to a dangerous liquid in a Girvan distillery. 

The men rushed to nearby Girvan community hospital but were later taken by ambulance to Ayr hospital. 

Emergency services responded to the incident at around 4.30pm. 

Police and fire services are currently at the scene. 

A Police Scotland spokesperson told the Advertiser: "Two people have been taken to hospital men after suffering burns after coming into contact witht e liquid working at a distillery in Girvan

The men made their way to nearby Girvan hospital, where they were initially treated before being taken by ambulance to Ayr Hospital."

More to follow