McBookie Ayrshire District League



A POOR performance from the visitors saw them lose only their third game of the season against a Dalry team who chalked up their sixth win out of seven.

Thistle got off to the best possible start in only three minutes. Kyle Cumming ran at the Craigmark defence and the ball was cleared. From the resultant corner, the ball found its way to the edge of the box where ex-Craigmark player Lewis Kirkwood sent a low volley in to the net to give Dalry an early lead.

In 10 minutes a Kirkwood free-kick into the box fell for Jordan Stuart but he put his shot wide.

It took until the 13th minute before Craigmark threatened and it took a good header from Lochhead to clear the danger.

Ian Cashmore tried a shot from the edge of the box but it was an easy save. Then Dalry collected the first booking of the game midway through the half when Reid Brown was guilty of a bad foul.

McLaughlin was the supplier to Cumming who sent his shot well over.

At the other end Joe Maxwell tried a long range shot which saw Blair Lochhead make a save.

Thistle put together a good passing move up field and it ended with an Archdeacon shot which went over.

Dalry were bossing the midfield and Craigmark were getting frustrated. Ryan McKay was booked for a bad foul.

Lochhead sent a great low ball across the face of the goal, and McLaughlin was just inches away from making contact.

Dalry were looking to stretch their lead before the break and as he pressed forward Lavery was pulled down 25 yards out. The free kick was well saved by keeper Wilson who pulled off the double save, stopping the follow-up from Cumming. Before half-time A Mark Archdeacon shot was saved for a corner and a Cumming shot went over.

Into the second half and Craigmark suffered a blow in 47 minutes when Joe Maxwell had to go off with a groin injury. Craigmark had upped their game and enjoyed a spell of pressure without actually troubling the Dalry goal.

Dalry then gave them self some breathing space with the second goal on 60 minutes.

They were awarded a free-kick 22 yards out, right of centre. The kick from Archdeacon came off the wall and broke to Jordan Stuart. He neatly chipped the ball over the defenders back into the danger area and Archdeacon did well to control the ball and volley home.

In 68 minutes Dalry had he ball in the net when a pass from Cumming found Cashmore, but the offside was given.

Cashmore was again in action when he curled a 25-yard shot just wide.

The ball was taken off the toe of Archdeacon as he lined up to score. Then it was the same player who saw a shot well saved.

Dalry made the game safe on 81 minutes when Cashmore was on hand to turn the ball into the net to make it 3-0.

Dalry made a couple of changes with McLaughlin and Cashmore going off and Morrison and Adam Lawrie coming on.

Lawrie made an immediate impact when he was pulled down inside the box with just sic minutes to go. The player picked himself up to take the kick and gave the keeper no chance to make the final score 4 - 0.

Craigmark will be disappointed with their performance while for Dalry, the unbeaten league run goes on.

DALRY THISTLE: B Lochhead; Brown, K Lochhead, Kirkwood, McGowan, Lavery, McLaughlin, Stuart, Cashmore, Cumming, Archdeacon. Subs. Lawrie, Morrison, Anderson, Turner, Fleeting.

CRAIGMARK BURNTONIANS: Wilson; Lamont, Whittaker, McColgan, Maxwell, R McKay, Boyle, Dyer, Dempster, Reid, Barr. Subs. Johnstone, Gaw, Dunlop, Hall, S McKay.